To treat or not to treat : good practice or neglect ?
Registration now open
The Conference Schedule in outlined bellow
BSG’s summer meeting 2018 takes place in the Guildhall, Winchester, on June 8th It will examine the clinical, dental and medico-legal challenges of caring for older dentate patients.
Principal themes :
restorative & prosthodontic
ethics & professionalism
patient /carer perspective
Registration is now open
|9.15-10.00||Registration & Trade Stands|
|10.00-10.45||Restorative Perspectives||Dr B Wassall & Dr A Geddis-Regan, University of Newcastle.|
|10.45-11.00||Tea & Coffee|
|11.00-11.50||Medico-Legal Aspects||Mr N Torlot, Medical Defence Union|
|11.50 -12.35||Oral Surgery Challenges : 'The Tsunami of silver surfers and impact on oral surgery'.||Professor T Renton, Kings' College London|
|12.40-1.00||Panel dIscussion & questions|
|2.00-2.45||Oral Medicine Overview :'Oral Mucosal diseases in the older patient: when to treat, refer or ignore'||Professor S Challacombe, KIngs' Colege London|
|2.45-3.30||Ethics & Professionalism Contexts||Dr I Johnson ,University of Cardiff|
|18.104.22.168||Tea & Coffee|
|3.50-4.30||Patient & Carer Viewpoint||Details shortly|
|4.30-5.00||Panel discussion , questions & close|
- Aims and Objectives of the day :
- Delegates will have increased their understanding and knowledge of the current clinical, dental and medico-legal challenges for their older dental patients and how this may affect their future treatment planning
- Delegates will be able to support their patients and their carers in making the appropriate treatment planning decisions.
- Delegates will have had the opportunity to discuss the issues raised and how this will help their future patient care.
- 5.5 hrs CPD awarded
Guildhall, Winchester, The Broadway, Winchester, United Kingdom
Guildhall, Broadway, Winchester : directions and Parking
Situated in the heart of the city, Guildhall Winchester has excellent national and international transport links.
Sat Nav users - SO23 9GH
By Road • North & Midlands - M1, M42, M40, A34
• London and South East - M25/M27, M3
• South West - A303/M4, A34
By Rail London Waterloo (1 hour), Southampton Airport Parkway (15 minutes) and Bournemouth (45 minutes). Winchester Station is approximately a 15 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride.
By Air Southampton International, Bournemouth International, Heathrow and Gatwick Airports all have excellent rail and coach links to Winchester
Car Parking and Hotels
Please use the link below to to view the nearest car parks (detailing ticket prices) and hotels to Guildhall Winchester
- Dentist BSG/non BSG £125/£155
- DCP BSG /non BSG £85/95
- Student/Str/Dentist in training £85